Honesty and trust is a huge aspect of being a SAC member. We ask that people take the gym, fob and covid rules seriously out of respect for everyone, including the downstairs neighbours.
- All participants must sign in
- Use control when lowering the weights. Dropping weights risks our lease. We are on the second floor and the kids downstairs get scared with the noise of dropped weights.
- Clean and put equipment back where it belongs out of respect for everyone else
- Do not mix the weight plates. Tens go with the tens, 25’s with the 25’s etc.
- Please keep the sound system at a reasonable volume for the enjoyment of other members
- Be respectful of others. Work in and share the space and equipment with everyone. No swearing, bullying or inappropriate behaviour towards participants or staff
- Clean gym shoes and no bare feet please. Do not track dirt into the gym
- Liquid Chalk is permitted only in the studio. No loose chalk
- Bathrooms: Taking a shower? Please keep it to five minutes. No shaving in the sink
- Coaching is only allowed by personal trainers who have paid the training fee and provided proof of insurance. Giving advice is fine within reason as determined by SAC. If a trainer is found training clients without prior arrangements with SAC, they will be asked to stop or pay for the rental fee. If found again the membership may be terminated without refund.
- All SAC users must have signed the Waiver of Liability and have been through orientation prior to being allowed to train at our facility
Fob access is a privilege granted by Squamish Athletic Club. Members must abide by the following rules. Failure to abide can result in termination of your membership:
- Fob access hours are between 4:00 am to 11:00 pm. People must exit by midnight
- Fobs access is only for Term and PAP members who are paid up to date. If your banking information lapses, you will be notified and will have one week to update your information before your fob will be deactivated
- The last person to exit SAC must turn off all the lights, close all windows and ensure the doors are securely closed
- Fob users must abide by SAC gym rules while using the facility. Ie: log in, do not drop weights, clean up after yourself, turn the lights off when you leave, do not let others in, etc.
- Drop ins and punch cards are only allowed during staffed hours.
- If you let someone in during fob hours, you will be fined $50 which is to be paid within one week. Repeating this risks your membership
- The upstairs fob door must be closed at all times unless during staffed hours
- All fob members must be 18 years of age or older and must provide ID to verify
- $10 to replace a lost fob, $10 rebate when fob returned. Squamish Athletic Club retains the right to disarm Fob access and/or ask for it’s return without refund or acknowledgment.
COVID RULES – as of September 1st
- Masks are required in all “Common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity.” SAC requires those who are not fully vaccinated to wear their mask for their entire stay, including while working out.
- “By order of the PHO, proof of vaccination will be required to access some events, services and businesses.” This includes fitness facilities. As of September 13th, you will be required to prove vaccine status and valid government ID in order to use our facility.
- Please respect the space bubbles of others.
- As usual, wash hands upon entry, cleaning the equipment before and after, don’t touch your face and avoid the gym if sick or not feeling well.
Thanks for reading this far!