We are Open!
NEW OPEN HOURS STARTING OCTOBER 13th
MONDAY TO SATURDAY: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
SUNDAY: FOB ONLY
FOB HOURS: 5:00am – 11:00pm
Covid Prevention Protocol:
- Mandatory hand washing upon entering, leaving and before signing in.
- Take a clean cloth from the desk and use it for the duration of your stay to clean the equipment before and after use.
- Maximum capacity of 10 people permitted in the gym at any one time.
- Keep a strict 2 meters distance from other people unless you share a household. Keep at least 1 machine in between each user.
- Hand sanitizer is placed throughout the gym in small coloured bottles. Please use it frequently.
- Do not touch your face. If you must cough or sneeze, do so in your elbow.
- Gloves are not permitted. We do not know where they have been.
- Face masks are not mandatory, but are recommended.
- Stay home if you have travelled and should be in self-isolation.
- Individuals who have the symptoms of a cold, flu, or Covid-19 (coughing, fever, aches, fatigue) or who have been around people who are sick, are not permitted in the gym.
- Please yield to those coming up the entrance stairs or use the back exit.
Please abide by these standards so we can assure the safety of our members, staff and SAC! Staff will continue to do extra cleaning of the gym and common use areas, such as bathrooms, water fountain, door handles.
Located in the heart of downtown, Squamish Athletic Club has been serving locals and superstars such as Arnold Swartznagger and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson for 25 years and counting. The Squamish Athletic Club is a no-nonsense fitness club whose mission is to provide a fun and friendly facility where people can meet and surpass their personal fitness goals, regardless of age, ability, or existing fitness level.
We understand the hectic lifestyle many people have and we don’t want to slow you down. We want to see you come to the gym, get your workouts done with no hassle, then go. Whether you are a recreational fitness enthusiast, an elite level athlete, weekend warrior, or trying to lose weight, we want to give you the core you need to get the job done.
With 3800 square feet of space, our main gym has 18 pieces of cardio equipment, free weights, and body master and apex machines. In our studio/stretching space, we have punching bags, spin bikes, aerobic steps, skipping ropes, medicine balls, mats, balance boards, body balls.
As of January of 2020, our studio now has a 12 x 12 – 48 degree bouldering wall, a campus board with small, medium, large and extra large rungs, a overhung pegboard, duo stall bars and crossover symmetry bands.
Do we have classes? NO. Unfortunately, classes are currently on hold due to Covid.
Our large studio space is available for rent for classes and/or private instruction, as well as a smaller office room suitable for health care practitioners.
We are proud to support National Team carded athletes through the Canadian Sport Institute as well as our local youth of ‘Team Squamish’. We are Squamish’s most affordable gym.