To clarify on the recent BC covid-19 updates: We remain open! (We do not have group classes…) – AND- We want to stay open! Please do you part to keep everyone safe. Keep your training sessions to one person and continue to follow the required Covid protocol: washing hands, wearing your mask properly, sanitizing the equipment you use before and after use AND social distancing…!
DAY PASSES: We permit day passes only between the hours of 11 – 3 so long as we are not near capacity. Best to call ahead!
Stronger together, SAC
As per the new provincial orders, MASK ARE MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES. Yes, this includes while working out and upon entrance. Thanks to everyone for understanding and obliging. Better than being shut down!
Yours in strength, SAC
As usual: Wash your hands upon entry, clean the equipment BEFORE and AFTER each use including between sets including plates, dumbbells, bands, rings, parallette bars, etc; do not touch your face, and do not come if you should be isolating or show any symptoms of a cold, flu, or covid 19.
To ensure your fob access, please be extra diligent with the 2 meters space, cleaning equipment before and after, and mask wearing during this time. Max capacity during fob hours is TEN. Please count before training. Please turn the lights off when you leave.
For more information on government guidelines, see this link.
LETS WORK TOGETHER TO KEEP MEMBERS SAFE AND THE GYM OPEN!
Yours in Strength, SAC
MONDAY TO SATURDAY: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
SUNDAY: FOB ONLY
FOB HOURS: 4:00am – 11:00pm
Covid Prevention Protocol:
- Masks must be worn at all time.
- Mandatory hand washing upon entering, leaving and before signing in.
- Keep a strict 2 meters distance from other people unless you share a household. Keep at least 1 machine in between each user.
- Take a clean cloth from the desk and use it for the duration of your stay to clean the equipment before and after use.
- Maximum capacity of 10 people permitted in the gym at any one time
- Hand sanitizer is placed throughout the gym in small coloured bottles. Please use it frequently.
- Do not touch your face. If you must cough or sneeze, do so in your elbow.
- Gloves are not permitted. We do not know where they have been.
- Face masks are not mandatory, but are recommended.
- Stay home if you have travelled and should be in self-isolation.
- Individuals who have the symptoms of a cold, flu, or Covid-19 (coughing, fever, aches, fatigue) or who have been around people who are sick, are not permitted in the gym.
- Please yield to those coming up the entrance stairs or use the back exit.
Please abide by these standards so we can assure the safety of our members, staff and SAC! Staff will continue to do extra cleaning of the gym and common use areas, such as bathrooms, water fountain, door handles.
Located in the heart of downtown, Squamish Athletic Club has been serving locals and superstars such as Arnold Swartznagger and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson for 25 years and counting. The Squamish Athletic Club is a no-nonsense fitness club whose mission is to provide a fun and friendly facility where people can meet and surpass their personal fitness goals, regardless of age, ability, or existing fitness level.
We understand the hectic lifestyle many people have and we don’t want to slow you down. We want to see you come to the gym, get your workouts done with no hassle, then go. Whether you are a recreational fitness enthusiast, an elite level athlete, weekend warrior, or trying to lose weight, we want to give you the core you need to get the job done.
With 3800 square feet of space, our main gym has 18 pieces of cardio equipment, free weights, and body master and apex machines. In our studio/stretching space, we have punching bags, spin bikes, aerobic steps, skipping ropes, medicine balls, mats, balance boards, body balls.
As of January of 2020, our studio now has a 12 x 12 – 48 degree bouldering wall, a slab and slight overhung wall, a 15 degree campus board with small, medium, large and extra large rungs, an overhung pegboard, duo stall bars and crossover symmetry bands.
Do we have classes? NO. Unfortunately, classes are currently on hold due to Covid.
Our large studio space is available for rent for classes and/or private instruction, as well as a smaller office room suitable for health care practitioners.
We are proud to support National Team carded athletes through the Canadian Sport Institute as well as our local youth of ‘Team Squamish’. We are Squamish’s most affordable gym.